Work With Us
We are hiring
Operations Assistant – Part time
A Better Life For Foster Kids is growing our programs, and we are seeking an Operations Assistant 2 days per week (0.4FTE) to help with the delivery of our Crisis Case service, and assist with office and administration tasks. The position is based in Sale, Gippsland.
Applicants must have a current driver’s license and be able to safely lift heavy items. Applicants must also have experience using basic computer programs. The position is based in Sale.
We are seeking an all rounder who is happy to help us load and unload Crisis Cases, as well as furniture, and deliver in our van to Crisis Case Depots around regional Victoria. You will be responsible for tracking the numbers of crisis cases and where they are delivered in a spreadsheet.
You will also be assisting our Founder/Coordinator Heather Baird with administrative tasks of the charity as requested. These may include:
- Answering facebook enquiries from our community about how to donate items, and otherwise coordinating donations of items from the community
- Assisting with community fundraising events
- Helping with the planning, logistics and running of the annual camp for kids and carers
- Supporting training and coordination of an increased number of volunteers to pack Crisis Cases
- Assisting with fundraising administration as requested
- Assisting with other projects as directed (eg booking first aid courses for volunteers, liaising with camp staff and attendees, coordinating tradespeople etc.)
- Making Crisis Case deliveries and picking up donated items from our Koo Wee Rup Depot and assisting with community events.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter with your motivations for applying, addressing the position requirements and description by 15 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about this role, please call Heather Baird at: 0412 154 424
About A Better Life For Foster Kids
A Better Life for Foster Kids was founded in 2014 by Heather Baird, who herself grew up in foster care. Based in Gippsland, Victoria, we work to improve short and long-term physical, educational and psycho-social outcomes for children in foster care and kinship care. Our aim is to preserve children’s dignity, improve their feelings of self-worth and lessen social stigma.
Our programs include material and financial support for carers taking on new foster or kinship care placements (care essentials, clothes and furniture), advocacy and support for carers, and an annual camp for carers and kids.
Material support for carers includes our Crisis Cases, suitcases that are filled with age appropriate clothing and other care essentials needed to care for a child in their first week in an out of home care placement. It also includes furniture and other household items, which we deliver to carers around Gippsland and beyond.